The Keyport Yacht Club is located on beautiful Raritan Bay, only a mile from the Garden State Parkway. The bay is a boater’s dream: Open to Atlantic Ocean breezes, but guarded by a natural breakwater, Sandy Hook State Park. Raritan Bay offers many great destinations including New York City and shoreside towns and villages — Perth Amboy, Atlantic Highlands, and Great Kills, as well as charming Keyport itself, only a two-block stroll from the club.
Our clubhouse has a bar, game room, cozy fireplace and an elegant Ward Room where we hold our meetings and many of our events and a fantastic large kitchen. We also provide the usual club amenities like showers, fresh water, and ice.
During the summer season, members and guests may also enjoy a cocktail on the upper deck overlooking the fleet.
Our classic, bristol condition launches are available to transport you to and from your boat. While KYC does not have an on-site restaurant, there are a number of quality restaurants available within walking distance or a short cab ride from the clubhouse.
By Sea - N40° 28.4' - W74° 11.0’
• Keyport Green Lighted Buoy #1
• Then head 220° magnetic to Mooring Field
• Call "Keyport Launch" on VHF Channel 9
• Launch shack phone: 732-739-2210
By Land - 115 First Street, Keyport, NJ 07735
• Garden State Parkway Exit 117
• Take Route 36 after Parkway exit
• Take Broad Street jug handle at first light (past IHOP).
• Cross Route 36 and go past two traffic lights.
• Make right onto First Street (by the water).
• Past Firehouse, Club is approximately 1/3 mile on the left.
Summer Hours at the Club Bar Hours:
The club bar will be open for members and their guests and visiting yacht club members during the following hours:
- Monday to Thursday 4 PM to 10 PM
- Friday 4 PM to midnight
- Saturday noon to midnight
- Sunday noon to 10PM
The bar phone number is 732-739-2544
Information for visiting boaters:
- Overnight stay on a guest mooring: $25.00
- Club amenities include showers, fresh water, and ice.
- Club bar accepts credit cards. Menus available for many local restaurants that deliver to the club.
- Free WiFi available at the clubhouse
- Pumpout: Call NY/NJ Baykeeper Head Mistress at 732-832-1499 or VHF Channel 9
- Diesel & Gas: Hans Pedersen & Sons Marina; see map below
Launch service will begin at 8:00 am on Saturday, May 12. The hours of service for the first few days will be as follows:
Saturday 5/12 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sunday 5/13 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Monday 5/14 through Thursday 5/17 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Any member that needs launch service after 9:00 pm during this period can contact the on duty launch operator or the Measurer.
Normal summer hours will begin on Friday, May 18.
Normal summer launch hours are as follows:
Sunday 8:00 am - 11:00 pm
Monday through Thursday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 am
Saturday 8:00 am - 1:00 am
The launch will also operate extended hours on holidays.
The historic town of Keyport is only a two block stroll from the club and has many nice restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is also a laundromat, and a mini grocery store. The town also hosts a number of community events throughout the year. For more information about the town of Keyport, visit http://www.visitkeyport.org.