The Keyport Yacht Club is located on beautiful Raritan Bay, only a mile from the Garden State Parkway. The bay is a boater’s dream: Open to Atlantic Ocean breezes, but guarded by a natural breakwater, Sandy Hook State Park. Raritan Bay offers many great destinations including New York City and shoreside towns and villages — Perth Amboy, Atlantic Highlands, and Great Kills, as well as charming Keyport itself, only a two-block stroll from the club.
Our clubhouse has a bar, game room, cozy fireplace and an elegant Ward Room where we hold our meetings and many of our events and a fantastic large kitchen. We also provide the usual club amenities like showers, fresh water, and ice.
During the summer season, members and guests may also enjoy a cocktail on the upper deck overlooking the fleet.
Our classic, bristol condition launches are available to transport you to and from your boat. While KYC does not have an on-site restaurant, there are a number of quality restaurants available within walking distance or a short cab ride from the clubhouse.
By Sea - N40° 28.4' - W74° 11.0’
• Keyport Green Lighted Buoy #1
• Then head 220° magnetic to Mooring Field
• Call "Keyport Launch" on VHF Channel 9
• Launch shack phone: 732-739-2210
By Land - 115 First Street, Keyport, NJ 07735
• Garden State Parkway Exit 117
• Take Route 36 after Parkway exit
• Take Broad Street jug handle at first light (past IHOP).
• Cross Route 36 and go past two traffic lights.
• Make right onto First Street (by the water).
• Past Firehouse, Club is approximately 1/3 mile on the left.
Note: Until New Jersey COVID-19 rules are lifted the Bar hours will be as follows, regardless of season:
Monday - Thursday 5PM to 9PM
Friday 5PM to 10PM
Saturday 12 Noon to 10PM
Sunday 12 Noon to 9PM
Important note: Tips at the KYC Bar are CASH ONLY. Our bartenders make sure to take care of you, so please come prepared to take care of them!
KYC Winter Bar Hours* (When No Launch Service)
Monday-Thursday 5PM to 9PM
Friday 5PM to Midnight
Saturday Noon to Midnight
Sunday Noon to 9PM
KYC Summer Bar Hours* (When Launch Service)
Monday-Thursday 4PM to 10PM
Friday 4PM to Midnight
Saturday Noon to Midnight
Sunday Noon to 10PM
*Bar may close 90 minutes early if no customers for more than an hour
KYC Bar Phone: 732-739-2544
Information for visiting boaters:
- Overnight stay on a guest mooring: $35.00
- Club amenities include showers, fresh water, and ice.
- Club bar accepts credit cards. Menus available for many local restaurants that deliver to the club.
- Free WiFi available at the clubhouse
- Pumpout: Call NY/NJ Baykeeper Head Mistress at 732-832-1499 or VHF Channel 9
- Diesel & Gas: Harbor View Marina (Formerly Hans Pedersen & Sons Marina); see map below
Launch Service from September 11, 2019 to October 13, 2019:
Monday – Thursday: 0900-2045
Launch Service from October 14, 2019 to October 27, 2019:
Monday – Friday: 0900-1745
Friday 10/18/2019 only: 0900-2345
Saturday and Sunday: 0800-1745
Last trip each day is 15 minutes before ending time.
Launch Service for the 2019 season ends on October 27th
The historic town of Keyport is only a two block stroll from the club and has many nice restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is also a laundromat, and a mini grocery store. The town also hosts a number of community events throughout the year. For more information about the town of Keyport, visit http://www.visitkeyport.org.