KYC Welcomes New Members!
The Keyport Yacht Club is an attractive facility with a wonderful view of Raritan Bay. We offer a host of events for our members throughout the year including parties, lectures, and cruises. Dress is usually casual, which reflects the club's friendly attitude.
You don’t need to own a boat to be a member, but if you do, we have a large mooring field, with room for 160 boats and a dinghy dock. With 10 feet of depth, we can accommodate most yachts. We have two launches so on busy weekends there’s never a long wait. Our launch operators are all Coast Guard certified.
Keyport Yacht Club sponsors an active racing program on Wednesday evenings and on weekends. We offer a junior sailing program to teach kids how to sail and adult sailing classes for those who want to gain these highly rewarding skills.
If you do not own a boat or you are in between boats and know how to sail, we have a Boat Share program available for a small cost.
A great way to meet other members and see what the club is all about is to visit us during a social event. Check out our club calendar to see upcoming events.
We will be happy to take you on a tour, invite you to an upcoming event, or put you in contact with other club members who can answer specific questions. To make arrangements please complete the information request form or send us a note at email@example.com.
- A beautiful clubhouse that has two bars, game room, fireplace lounge, a large kitchen, and porch overlooking the bay. We also provide the usual club amenities like showers, fresh water, and ice.
- Year-round social activities for members and their guests. Many events are free, others may have a modest fee.
- Members can invite up to 9 guests to the club at a time.
- Members can reserve beautiful rooms for weddings and other social events.
- Members who are experienced sailors can become members of our Boat Share program for a small yearly fee, with several boats of various sizes immediately available on their moorings all season.
- Wednesday night racing and most weekends during the season, including a “Navigator” division for “non-racers.”
- Convenient location only a mile from the Garden State Parkway.
- The club sits next to Raritan Bay, a boater’s dream: Open to Atlantic Ocean breezes, but guarded by a natural breakwater, Sandy Hook State Park. It’s like a huge saltwater lake, with great destinations including New York City and shore side towns and villages -- Perth Amboy, Atlantic Highlands, and Great Kills, as well as historic Keyport itself, only a two-block stroll from the club with a waterside park, shops and restaurants.
Membership Plans – Pick the One Right For You
Young Membership: Are you between the ages of 21 and 35? We have special discounted plans for young members. This plan starts at the amazingly low amount of $242 a year. Young couples and singles interested in the boating life are among the fastest growing segments of our member population. They bring lots of energy and new ideas!
Provisional Plan: We have an extremely popular provisional plan where you "try out" the club for a full year, before officially joining. Cost, only $1344 the first year, equal to only $112 a month and includes your family, significant other, etc. Note: Members with boats do pay extra for usage of the Anchorage and launch service.
Provisional members may be excited newcomers who have bought a boat and are looking for a place to keep it, people returning to sailing after raising a family, singles and couples looking for outdoor adventure in a social setting, prudent would-be sailors seeking to sample the boating scene before making an investment. In short: all kinds and all ages, with one common denominator, they are active, engaged people who love the water.
Which describes you?
Fill in the information form now so we can get back to you with details on the Young Member Plan, the Provisional Plan and the Full Membership plan according to your situation -- such as whether you have a boat, your age, etc. Be sure to share your particular interests or questions. Tell us if you’d like to plan a personal tour of the club at your convenience. Please bring along family or friends!