CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE From Sailing Scuttlebutt
About the KYC BOAT SHARE PROGRAM
PYGMALION our J24, tiller & outboard
SKÖL, our Hunter 25, tiller & outboard
UPTOWN GIRL, our Ericson 26, wheel & inboard diesel
ALL are ready to SAIL!!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: https://www.keyportyachtclub.com/sailing/boat-share-program/boat-share-registration
2023 KYC Boat Share Program
The KYC Boat Share program makes club owned, maintained and equipped sailboats available to KYC members without the need to purchase, insure or deal with all the many maintenance tasks associated with owning a sailboat. As a registered Skipper in the program, you can bring friends and family guests along to share in the fun of sailing the Raritan Bay.
Our boats are cooperatively maintained by Boat Share members, experienced club members and paid professionals. Volunteering as a KYC Boat Share Member to work on the boats, provides not only an opportunity to learn about boat maintenance and tasks from experienced members, but is also an opportunity to be a member of the Boat Share program without additional cost to you.
Our 2020 fleet of Boat Share vessels include:
- Pygmalion J/24 24’ tiller outboard
- Skol Hunter 25’ tiller outboard
- Uptown Girl Ericson 26’ wheel inboard diesel
This diverse fleet gives you the opportunity to learn handling characteristics of various boats, all in the same sailing area – or – become very familiar with just one boat.
How to become a Boat Share Skipper:
- Complete and Email registration to Boat Share Chair
- Pass a sailing proficiency test.
- Be checked out on each boat you might use.
- Receive an email link to the Boat Share reservation website.
- Begin reserving and enjoying the shared boats!
Cost: Contact the Boat Share Chair for Program Details - [email protected]
For more info:
- Our Boat Share Program requires registration, sailing skills and specific boat checkout before reserving and Skippering boats (this includes per-use reservations). Our aim is to ensure you can handle the boat safely and without damage to it or to other boats in the anchorage. We also want to ensure that a committee member has shown you safety equipment locations on each specific boat.
- You are QUALIFIED as a KYC Boat Share Skipper once you’ve filled out the request form and received approval from the Committee. At that time you will be sent an email with a link allowing you to reserve boats on the KYC Boat Share 2019 reservation website.
The State of New Jersey requires anyone operating a boat with an engine to obtain a Boating Safety Certificate!
Where can I take a Boat Safety Course? To find an approved safety course in your area, it is easiest to search the internet for NJ Boating Safety Classes or check newspapers.
Can I take the boat safety course on-line? Yes. However, after successful completion of the internet portion of the course, the student will have to complete an in-person, proctored exam. The Marine Services Bureau cautions students, prior to beginning the on-line study, to check with the on-line course provider to insure they provide a testing location within driving distance from the student’s location.
Search online for NJ Boater Safety Online classes or https://www.boaterexam.com/usa/newjersey/